I can’t be funny today.
I can’t be inquisitive or creative today.
I can only survive. I can only keep walking. Keep breathing. Keep trying.
Last week I wanted to post this great peice about Thanksgiving and how we can come together and celebrate as a nation and humanity what we have. But I couldn’t. It didn’t feel…true.
I’m looking from the wrong side of the window this week to talk of hope and happiness.
So instead, of that noise, these are the things I’m looking forward to:
- Furiously Happy book signing in Santa Cruz. I get to meet Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess, go read her. Right now.)
- Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. The 12 year old in me is crying already.
- Colder weather.
- Doctor Who Christmas Special. Because River Song.
- Downton Abbey in January. Don’t judge.
- Sleep. I don’t know when this will happen, but I am so excited for when it does.
In the meantime, I’m drinking tea and trying to make it one more day.